Passed Smog test in California - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Passed Smog test in California

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-18-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
Jeep Daddy
1985 CJ7 

Passed Smog test in California

I passed the 15 and 25 mph tests at the upper limit of the HC's. 131PPM and 103PPM. I'm good for another 2 years and hope to have MPI by then.

85 CJ7 4.0L/SM465/Dana300/AMC20/Dana30, MPFI,154K miles - 33" 12.5's Pro Comp MT's, one piece axles, Detroit Softlocker rear, Lock Rite front, Warn Hubs, 4.56 R&P, 4" BDS lift, Warn x8000i, Warn winch guard, Hi-Lift, Tuffy console, Four X Dr. rocker guards, Rock Hard sport cage, Kilby OBA with 1.75 gal tank and York 10.3cc compressor, Tube fenders by GenRight Offroad, Fabricated rear bumper and tire carrier.
Jeep Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 12:21 AM   #2
Curly

congrats man. I just went through the test myself. I know what a problem it can be. Helps to have friends in the right places.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
lando

Any advice or tips or precautions I could take that could come in handy.

I know for a fact my CJ isn't gonna pass. the last time I had is smogged, it was a pain in the butt for it to pass. The guy did me favor, though. too bad he isn't around any more.

Also, if anyone in the LA area knows of good & reliable mechanic that specializes in Jeeps, I would greatly appreciate any leads on them.

thanks//lando
Unread 06-19-2003, 05:09 PM   #4
Jeep Daddy
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally posted by lando
Any advice or tips or precautions I could take that could come in handy.

I know for a fact my CJ isn't gonna pass. the last time I had is smogged, it was a pain in the butt for it to pass. The guy did me favor, though. too bad he isn't around any more.

Also, if anyone in the LA area knows of good & reliable mechanic that specializes in Jeeps, I would greatly appreciate any leads on them.

thanks//lando
If money isn't a problem take it to JeepsRus in Laguna Beach. They do almost nothing but CJ's. Is all your emission stuff still on the motor? If not, that will cost you big time. Also, they sell a rebuilt carb that's better than the new BBD, but legal, but dig deep for it. I didn't want to go that route because I plan on saving my ducketts for MPI in 2 years. I will probably need to freshen up the motor at the same time.
85 CJ7 4.0L/SM465/Dana300/AMC20/Dana30, MPFI,154K miles - 33" 12.5's Pro Comp MT's, one piece axles, Detroit Softlocker rear, Lock Rite front, Warn Hubs, 4.56 R&P, 4" BDS lift, Warn x8000i, Warn winch guard, Hi-Lift, Tuffy console, Four X Dr. rocker guards, Rock Hard sport cage, Kilby OBA with 1.75 gal tank and York 10.3cc compressor, Tube fenders by GenRight Offroad, Fabricated rear bumper and tire carrier.
Jeep Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.