Park light help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Park light help!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
RenegadeMan
1980 CJ7 

Park light help!!!

When I turn my lights on, the only ones to come on are my headlights. Brake lights and turn signals all work but my fuse blows every time I turn my lights on. Also, my front marker lights blink with my turn signals, is that normal? How can I fix these problems? I traced most of my wires in the back, even my crappy trailer light harness. Thank you.

RenegadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
robs7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeMan
When I turn my lights on, the only ones to come on are my headlights. Brake lights and turn signals all work but my fuse blows every time I turn my lights on. Also, my front marker lights blink with my turn signals, is that normal? How can I fix these problems? I traced most of my wires in the back, even my crappy trailer light harness. Thank you.
You say the fuse blows when you turn your lights on. What fuse and what stops working? Yes your marker lights should blink with your turn signals. Rob
robs7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
RenegadeMan
1980 CJ7 

My park/tail lights fuse blows and my tail lights wont turn on, my marker lights, the small lights on the grill, and my dash lights.
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
robs7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeMan
My park/tail lights fuse blows and my tail lights wont turn on, my marker lights, the small lights on the grill, and my dash lights.
I would try and eliminate the back as being the problem first since you have a trailer harness. To the left of the fuse block there are a few wires that run through a connector and then down the driver side to the back. This has your rear lights in it. Disconnect that connector and try again. If your fuse holds, the problem is in the back. If it still pops you have a short somewhere in the front or in the gauge cluster lights under the dash. Sometimes the wires running over the steering column can cause problems. Your gauge cluster lights wire should be orange I believe. Rob
robs7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
RenegadeMan
1980 CJ7 

Alright. Ill try it out it the morning, thanks for the help Rob.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.