Painless harness on a 74 cj5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Painless harness on a 74 cj5

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
blaylock6502

Painless harness on a 74 cj5

I installed a painless harness on my jeep as I put it back together from a frame off resto. As time passed i found things that didn't exactly work the way I wanted and began to add things I didn't think I'd use. Long story short the harness I spent so much time making to look clean now looks almost as bad as the factory harness (after opening back up to find wires and fix things etc) and now I think I have it where I want it and am getting ready to try to clean it up again. My main question is the main part of the engine harness. One of the problems I am having is erratic operation of my tach. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but I ran the bulk of the engine harness down the engineering left of the valve cover and I think I'm picking up interference from the plug wires. Does anyone have any ideas to clean it up/keep it clean or any pics of your engine bay?? Thanks!!!

blaylock6502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.