pacesetter exhaust CJ5 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > pacesetter exhaust CJ5

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 07-17-2003, 05:54 PM   #16
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

Well I think I notice a couple of things here and maybe this might be my problem.

I notice my shocks are on the inside of the frame and not on the outside like yours.

I took some pics to see about the layout, but I am starting to think I have a 75 frame or something. I know my 76 was built early and it appears to have a 75 gas tank, but the shocks seem to be in the way when I try to put on the exhaust.

See what you think. Let me know if I have something on the wrong side or what.

THEY ARE ONLY LAID OUT RIGHT NOW, NOTHING IS CONNECTED AND IT IS HANGING IN PLACE!!!!!

Thanks,
cb

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/cb4...c=ph%26.view=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/cb4....jpg%26.src=ph

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2003, 02:28 PM   #17
Lightningdon

CB, mine is a '75 frame. Your's must be a '76 frame. One thing I see different in general layout is that your mufflers are way farther back than mine. My mufflers end about 12 inches if front of the rear axle. Looks to me like you'll have clearance issues between the axle and the exhaust. It may help to take a foot out of the pipes in front of the mufflers. That would bring the bends right over your axle, rather than the mufflers. Also, will your gas tank go in with that layout? Where your pipes come over the axle, mine are literally right below the side frame rails to clear the sides of the tank. My tailpipes actually exit between the spring and the frame where your's come all the way out back. I also had problems right off the headers. My pipes would not line up. I needed the initial bend to clear my crossmember. You seem to have a pretty straight shot.

BTW, the rig looks good! I hope to take my body off next Spring. I want to have the frame sandblasted, boxed and painted. I need to replace fuel and brake lines.too.

Don

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Lightningdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #18
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

I just got done with all new brakes all around. It wasn't easy, but I think it is worth it.

As for the exhaust. I think the right side looks about right. I have a hanger that is supposed to attach to the body. As for the right side, it looks like the rear pipe is not even the correct one.

Oh well.

Anyone else out there put a pacesetter kit from 4wd hardware on a 76-83 CJ-5?

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.