overflow bottle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > overflow bottle

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #1
CJMONEYPIT

overflow bottle

I just purchased a coolant overflow bottle from Qtech and can't seem to find the proper mounting place. The guy at Qtech didn't know. Also, The Jeep Bible mentions that I will need a special radiator cap that allows juice to flow both ways. The guys at the auto parts store say it ain't so. Who's right, and if The Jeep Bible is right, where can I get one of these special radiator caps?

CJMONEYPIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
MR.CJ-7

my overflow bottle was OEM mounted in front of the starter relay on the pass inner fender. I did some mods and needed to move it, now it sits on the drivers side of the radiator very, very near to the Power steering pump pulley. My radiator neck has a fitting on it for a hose to go to the overflow bottle, the cap is just a standard 16? psi cap. The set up works well for me.

Good luck to you!
Unread 01-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #3
Scramblin_Man

In my 86 CJ-7 it's mounted on the driver inner fender right alongside of the windshield washer bottle. The one mounting hole shares the same bolt as the washer bottle. It kinda is molded to fit over the ignition module.
Plus, the raditor should have a nipple just under the cap to attach the overflow hose.
Scramblin_Man

Last edited by Scramblin_Man; 01-08-2003 at 01:32 PM..
Scramblin_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
CSP

Neither of my CJ's came with overflow bottles so I found a couple in the junkyard that would work. I put them where they would fit. Never did use a different cap on either and they work like they're supposed to.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #5
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What year is your CJ? Can't help much if we don't have all the info we need. Mines an 85 and just like Scramblin_Man's. I believe 82-86 are all the same. Your radiator should have the nipple for the overflow hose up near the cap. The water will flow back and forth when the pressure overcomes the spring in the cap.
Unread 01-10-2003, 07:38 PM   #6
CJMONEYPIT

Sorry, brain fart. It's an 83 Scrambler and Scramblin-man had the answer. It fit quite nicely over the ignition module. Now I just need to do some minor mods because the nipple on the radiator is on the passenger side and the tube's not long enough. Thanks for the help
CJMONEYPIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.