JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Our Friend Terry AKA Mcmud has Passed Away (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/our-friend-terry-aka-mcmud-has-passed-away-1544456/)

Jtmac77 07-03-2013 12:24 PM

Our Friend Terry AKA Mcmud has Passed Away

Hello-

I wanted to give those of you who knew Mcmud an update. Mcmud aka Terry passed away on June 27 after a short and painful battle against cancer. I'm leaving this info here because he loved his jeeps and loved talking with the members of this site and other related sites. He will be missed!

On a related note I wish to inform you of a soulless and evil act that was perpetrated against my father. Just days before my fathers death some scum came to my fathers property and stole two jeeps, various parts and tools. Feeling that stealing two jeeps wasn't good enough this scum decided to set my fathers house on fire. So, as my father was dealing with the pain of the cancer and the thought of his pending death he had to be burdened with these crimes. We have a good idea who did this to my father and LE officers are working on it as we speak.

Sorry to be long winded here but I felt inclined to tell this story.

Thanks!

John Strenk 07-03-2013 12:36 PM

So sorry to hear this. He was well liked by all here.
My sympathies for your family

I hope they catch the.......

walkerhoundvm 07-03-2013 12:47 PM

One of the few "virtual friends" I had on this site. Sincerely sorry for your loss, heck our loss.

MoC 07-03-2013 12:47 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Terry and I talked on and off through the forums over the years and on the phone. He did inform me of his cancer and asked that I did not share it with anyone here.

Like a few other good people I have met here we were friends although we never got a chance to meet in person. Our phone conversations ranged from LSU / Auburn football, to BBQ, to jeeps and the stories of his trips to pick them up, to his Faith and cancer.

When Terry was initially diagnosed we talked about meeting one weekend, but we never made it happen. He has been on my mind the last week or so and I was planning on giving him a call this weekend. Last we spoke he was talking about returning home from his stay with family and about what jeep he was going to weld on next.

I proud to say I knew your dad and it was a pleasure being his friend.

Respectively,

Peter Foxe Smothers

86cj74.2L 07-03-2013 01:00 PM

Sad soo sad. I'm truly sorry.

rickscj7boom 07-03-2013 01:07 PM

I am sorry for your lose, I just lost my mother last week and understand the pain that comes with losing a loved one especially the one that created us.. God Bless..

I hope the cops catch them bad guys and string them up..

VACJ7 07-03-2013 02:07 PM

Terry was a good man. He helped me by phone on numerous occassions while regearing my AMC20. He will be missed! Thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Paul

billybooster2 07-03-2013 02:12 PM

My sincere sympathies to you and your family. It's tough, been there myself....

Let's hope they bring to justice those bad guys...

lucdog 07-03-2013 03:49 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of you father, although I didn't know about him, until one of the members told me about the cancer, I wish I would have had a chance to talk with him.

Bill

only in a jeep cj 07-03-2013 04:09 PM

I met with Terry and discussed buying 4 of his Jeeps. After viewing the Jeeps, we talked at length ( in the old house) about the purchase and restoring them/ Putting them back together. My buddy who was the financial backer suddenly had marital problems and pulled out. I regretted not getting back with Terry and at least buying the one project Scrambler. Ironically, my father is about to pass with kidney failure and age ( 82). I'm comforted knowing that Terry is free from his discomfort and in a better place. I wish the same for my father as well. It is sad, but death is just a stage of life.
I hope the leads you have pay out, and the thieves are caught!

uptillnow 07-03-2013 04:41 PM

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
I, as many here knew Terry, that is to say we had many conversations on the phone and many private messages.
He had told me of his cancer and wanted it to be quiet, he took meds that were very strong and we needed to edit some of his posts on this forum.
I will miss him and his stories. He was a very kind Southern gentleman.
Again, my best to you and yours.

UPTILLNOW

BESRK 07-03-2013 05:45 PM

Really sorry to hear about Terry's passing. I always appreciated his posts here on the forum. Even without meeting him, it was easy to see that he genuinely loved Jeeps.. and enjoyed helping out fellow Jeepers.

He will most certainly be missed here and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

RIP Terry.

MoC 07-03-2013 06:53 PM

If you have any pictures of the stolen jeeps post them here. Many of us watch Craigslist daily and can keep an eye out for them.

swatson454 07-03-2013 07:11 PM

Mud and I used to spend hours on the phone at least once every week or two and we'd laugh until our cheeks hurt and we had tears rolling down our faces. I'm sure troubled by his passing. I know he was a believer though and we'll meet again.

RIP my friend :cheers2:

Shawn

80cj 07-04-2013 01:27 AM

Terry and I corresponded by PM quite a bit. He really was a great guy. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

The time now is 11:38 AM.