Original. Cj wheels and center caps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Original. Cj wheels and center caps

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
b-dog
1985 CJ7 

Original. Cj wheels and center caps

I am going try to sell my wheels and tires here locally and need to know an a what ask. The tires are mostly worn out but still usable. The wheels are 7" original that the PO painted black. They are I good shape. Also have the original Crome center caps that are in good shape.

b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
wm69

Are the white spokes painted black or chrome painted black?

Chrome wheels in VG-exc shape usually bring $300-600 depending on location and condition. White spokes highest I've seen is around $300 for some that were basically NOS.

Since yours are painted, I'd say you'd be lucky to get $100 and most of that would be for the center caps.

If you want to take the time to strip the paint off AND they're chrome underneath AND the chrome is in good shape, they're worth more, but the value of OEM wheels is to those who want original Jeep stuff, and black painted wheels kinda takes away the one selling point the OEM wheels have.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
b-dog
1985 CJ7 

The wheels are not Crome. Just the center caps
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
wm69

So they're factory white spokes painted black? Around here you'd be lucky to get $100 for them. If the caps are in good shape your best bet is to sell the caps on ebay, and then try to get $20-25 per rim on your local craigslist. OEM chrome wheels bring $$$, white spokes in excellent condition bring a little bit, but painted white steelies, not so much. Caps on ebay will likely bring $30-150 depending on condition (I had some pretty much NOS center caps and they went for $150 on ebay, rough shape caps go for $10ish).

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.