Options for factory radio cut-out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Options for factory radio cut-out

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Options for factory radio cut-out

So I have my head unit installed in a Tuffy console. Now there is just the open hole in my dash. It's not hacked up or anything. Does anyone know of a CB that could fit in that opening with little to no cutting involved?

I know I could just put a plate over it or something but was thinking of going the CB route. I have the Cobra 75WSXT in my JK but wanted an actual box for the CJ - a little older looking ya know?

Also thought about looking for an original radio to install. Doesn't have to work, just look cool.

AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
texasimport
1978 CJ5 

I was going to put this one in my dash and put the CB in the console. Looks old enough where it might not stir tooo much attention from punks.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/1
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
smoothop
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07 View Post
So I have my head unit installed in a Tuffy console. Now there is just the open hole in my dash. It's not hacked up or anything. Does anyone know of a CB that could fit in that opening with little to no cutting involved?

I know I could just put a plate over it or something but was thinking of going the CB route. I have the Cobra 75WSXT in my JK but wanted an actual box for the CJ - a little older looking ya know?

Also thought about looking for an original radio to install. Doesn't have to work, just look cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...s#ht_500wt_956

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...#ht_500wt_1182
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
sgttaylor83CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Another option might be to add switches for an ejector seat, headlight machine guns, oil slick, or other bond gadgets.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-2116444674.jpg  
sgttaylor83CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
LiveTo4x4
1977 CJ7 

This is how my stock radio cut out looks now. Its an old 2 knob plate and in the hole is a piece of black plexi glass and screws holding it to the 2 knob plate. My cd player is in a Smitty built locking console box. I didn't want to cut the dash. It has the original 2 knob cut out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.