Options for factory radio cut-out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Options for factory radio cut-out

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Options for factory radio cut-out

So I have my head unit installed in a Tuffy console. Now there is just the open hole in my dash. It's not hacked up or anything. Does anyone know of a CB that could fit in that opening with little to no cutting involved?

I know I could just put a plate over it or something but was thinking of going the CB route. I have the Cobra 75WSXT in my JK but wanted an actual box for the CJ - a little older looking ya know?

Also thought about looking for an original radio to install. Doesn't have to work, just look cool.

AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
texasimport
1978 CJ5 

I was going to put this one in my dash and put the CB in the console. Looks old enough where it might not stir tooo much attention from punks.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com/products/category/id/1
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
smoothop
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07 View Post
So I have my head unit installed in a Tuffy console. Now there is just the open hole in my dash. It's not hacked up or anything. Does anyone know of a CB that could fit in that opening with little to no cutting involved?

I know I could just put a plate over it or something but was thinking of going the CB route. I have the Cobra 75WSXT in my JK but wanted an actual box for the CJ - a little older looking ya know?

Also thought about looking for an original radio to install. Doesn't have to work, just look cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-...s#ht_500wt_956

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...#ht_500wt_1182
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
sgttaylor83CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Another option might be to add switches for an ejector seat, headlight machine guns, oil slick, or other bond gadgets.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-2116444674.jpg  
sgttaylor83CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
LiveTo4x4
1977 CJ7 

This is how my stock radio cut out looks now. Its an old 2 knob plate and in the hole is a piece of black plexi glass and screws holding it to the 2 knob plate. My cd player is in a Smitty built locking console box. I didn't want to cut the dash. It has the original 2 knob cut out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.