Opinions wanted for flared fenders, or comp-cut - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Opinions wanted for flared fenders, or comp-cut

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
howmany
1977 DJ 

Opinions wanted for non-flared fenders, or comp-cut

Hello, I have a '77 DJ-5F that I have been working on for some time. It has recently been repainted, and I am now wanting to stick some fenders on it. I don't really like the style of the old fenders, as they just don't fit the grille I put on it well. They fit, just not perfect, and if I was to go that route, the lack of "proper fitment" is all I would think about. I have been looking around, and found Trail Tubes pre-bent fenders. I just can't decide whether the non-flared version, or the flared, comp-cut set would look better. If I where to get the comp-cut set, I would trim down the flare to about 3 inches or so, since this Jeep will not be sporting large off-road tires. Not going to make it look like something it isn't. A set a BFG all terrains, or general grabbers will be put on it, but just as big as I can go while fitting the original wheels. The other reason I like the comp cut, is because of the "wideness" of the back of the jeep, compared to the narrow front, when looking at it straight on. I feel the comp cut would even it all out a bit. But I like the simplified non-flared ones too. So, what would ya'll do if it where your jeep?

howmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
howmany
1977 DJ 

Here she is...
image.jpg  
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
howmany
1977 DJ 

One more...
image.jpg  
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
howmany
1977 DJ 

Comp-cut By:Trail Tubes
image.jpg  
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
howmany
1977 DJ 

No Flare
image.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.