Omix Ada Steel Bodies - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Omix Ada Steel Bodies

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-13-2002, 01:45 PM   #1
86 Laredo

Omix Ada Steel Bodies

Has anyone had unbeliveable difficulty replacing their steel bodies with one from Omix-Ada?

Nothing lines up, body mounts, had to cut out welds, square up the tub better, drill addional holes in fire wall, modify connection to frame etc. A complete nightmare.

86 Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
JIM79CJ7

I have not run into this problem with Omix-ada products . Are you sure you have the right tub ? I Have replaced tubs for customers with this brand before and not had problems / Although I have had to cut firewall holes before .

GOOD LUCK
JIM

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2002, 07:26 AM   #3
86 Laredo

I actually got the body replacement pieces through Willy's Overland, and have researched it and was told on several occassions that allbodies manufactured for the US come from the Phillipines and are the product of Omix Ada. I'd put pics on to show but no clue as to how to attach pics from my hard drive.
86 Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.