Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Omix-ada (rugged ridge) rear shackle hanger too wide

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Coiz 
#1 ·
I ordered a new rear shackle hanger off ebay the other day to replace a broken one (see picture below). After having trouble with the install, I stopped and compared the old and new hangers. It turns out the old hanger is 2 7/16" wide
while the new hanger is 2 5/8". With the bushings in the new hanger, there is now way the shackle will fit.

Anyone else have this problem? I didn't find anything after searching the forums and the google.

Broken rear hanger

Old vs new rear hanger

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, Crabtree hangers are definitely in my future. This hanger was meant to be a temporary fix. I guess it won't even work for that. :thumbdown:

I'll just bite the bullet and order the crabtree hangers for the rear. I may do YJ springs at some point and would need the wider hangers for the front.

#8 ·
I sent you the PM, RR.

I measured again, just to make sure (picture below). I doubt this would be a problem for shackles like Keith has. Mine have the welded piece in the center like the Warrior shackles in the last picture below.

I will say, I have a Rugged Ridge steering box mount, steering box brace, and a few other parts. They all fit without a problem. Rugged Ridge often has the nice combination of quality and price. I don't consider them to be crappy. The original design of these hanger seems to be the problem, and that's why I'm going with the Crabtree (already ordered them).

Thanks for all the replies!

2 5/8" wide

And the package it came in:

My type of shackle

#9 ·
I'll admit I may have been a little harsh in my first reply because I also have a few quality Omix/RR parts such as my HD steering box mount, brace, emblems and countless other small parts. At the same time I have also bought stuff like windshield hinges where the bolt holes are off and replacement gauges and fuel senders that were dead right out of the box.

It's good to see a vendor rep active on the forum so I will give them credit for that but when it comes to the spring hangers there is only one brand worth buying IMHO but you already knew that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.