Omix-Ada door seal kit instructions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Omix-Ada door seal kit instructions?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
GOJOman

1978 CJ7 

Omix-Ada door seal kit instructions?

I just got the complete door seal kit for rebuilding my cj7 doors -- but no instructions. I've been scouring the web, including the Orix-Ada site, and I'm not finding anything.

Anyone have a PDF or a link to a set of instructions? Other suggestions? Thx.

Marty

GOJOman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
jdboy
1985 CJ7 

Start with post number 997 on this thread, much better than any instructions you'll get from a supplier.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ga...2/index67.html
Unread 04-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
GOJOman

1978 CJ7 

Sorry if I'm being thick. Feeling like quite a newbie on this one...

The play-by-play on the door rebuild recommended above was great, and very helpful. But it didn't help with the primary question, because my doors have the 'fixed' vent window.

It's been years since I've seen doors like this fully assembled, and I wasn't really paying attention then.

When I lay the weatherseal parts on the door, it's not intuitive to me which seal parts go where -- or if I'm missing a part. I don't want to put it together wrong and screw it up. I'm quite a bit stumped. ( ... thick, I know.)

Could someone please post a painfully detailed set of images that show how it looks assembled? Better yet, which of the replacement seal parts goes where and how?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marty
GOJOman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.