Omix-ada - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Omix-ada

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
Austrian Jeeper

Omix-ada

Hi!

I'm Alex, 27 year old Jeep CJ7 owner from Linz in Austria, Europe. My Jeep is on restoration and gets some new parts like a Centech harness, some bodyparts, a T150 transmission with Dana20 transfer case, new widh axles with 4,10 ratio and many more.

I've heard about new "Mopar Authentic Restoration" products from OMIX-ADA. What do you think of this company and their products and quality?

Greetings, Alex

Last edited by Austrian Jeeper; 06-29-2005 at 01:27 AM..
Austrian Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
n3480h

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum! Tell us more about your Jeep.

I bought Omix ADA mirrors and arms for my CJ two years ago. Today, they are about 1/2 rust - and I don't live in a coastal area (Iowa). My son bought a hood kit for his YJ from Omix ADA and his brand new hood kit started to rust in 6 weeks.

Since then, I have read that Omix is an "offshore" company, and that their parts are known for rust. (Poorly recycled mild steel?). I'm replacing the mirrors and my tired original hood kit with powder coated 304 stainless from Kentrol and/or Smittybuilt. I will never buy another OMIX ADA part.

Other than that, they might be ok.

Building a new '83 CJ7 one part at a time.
n3480h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #3
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3480h
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum! Tell us more about your Jeep.

I bought Omix ADA mirrors and arms for my CJ two years ago. Today, they are about 1/2 rust - and I don't live in a coastal area (Iowa). My son bought a hood kit for his YJ from Omix ADA and his brand new hood kit started to rust in 6 weeks.

Since then, I have read that Omix is an "offshore" company, and that their parts are known for rust. (Poorly recycled mild steel?). I'm replacing the mirrors and my tired original hood kit with powder coated 304 stainless from Kentrol and/or Smittybuilt. I will never buy another OMIX ADA part.

Other than that, they might be ok.
I got a valve cover from them that worked fine. I was looking at one of their reproduction dash pads but a guy over on cj8.com bought one and said he was very dissapointed in the quality. Thier dash indicator lights are crap too. I will avoid omix ada unless no other alternative exists....

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
1984CJ
1984 CJ7 

I unknowingly purchased a Dana 300 twin stick shifter setup that was Omix. MY DOG WELDS BETTER than these things were welded.

OMIX = CRAP there stuff reminds me of the Rusty pony(Steel Horse) Stuff.

Avoid it when you can.
Originally Posted by ftdranger
You guys on the CJ tech page are a little to tech for me. Must be the leaf springs.
1984CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Alex, Welkommen!

Ich habe ein "flywheel" fur mein motor von Omix-Ada. Alles gute mit es.
Ich denke, daß es derselbe wie mein altes ist.

Gruss!
Unread 06-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #6
Austrian Jeeper

Thanks for the answers. S h i t, I've ordered a Mopar Authentic Restoration Product, the Jeep marked dashpad. Hope that this will fit proper, but what could they do wrong whit such an easy to make part?

You want more infos about my Jeep? I've had some problems with Bestop and their Aqua Sport Seats, which were s h i t (no water resistance and protection at all) ... and the return and warranty claim turned out to be rather difficult. After 6 month they finally changed it to the Trailmax Pro Vinyl.

You can find more infos and pics of my CJ7 before the restoration started, on this link:
http://www.4motion.at/jeep/index.html

So what can I tell you more? Greetings, Alex

ps.: Isn't OMIX-ADA the only company that is allowed to use the Jeep logo on bodyparts?

Last edited by Austrian Jeeper; 06-27-2005 at 08:42 AM..
Unread 06-27-2005, 07:46 AM   #7
wm69

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread...light=dash+pad

hopefully you'll have better results with the dash pad.....

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2005, 04:15 AM   #8
Austrian Jeeper

Are there CJ dashpads with Jeep logo available from other producers/distributers? I'm looking for a stainless steel grille cover too, but everything I've seen from Crown was really poor quality.

I'm used to get Jeep parts that are crap - Bestop, Steelhorse, Crown ... nothing did fit without modifications.

Alex
Unread 06-28-2005, 08:26 AM   #9
cjbilt4me

I have purchased some their parts before....Dana 30 spindles,twin stick and painted mirrors.Have had no problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.