Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The ole dash light questions

779 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  turbogus 
#1 ·
I have searched and found some really good enough but I am stumped on my issue

I replaced my headlight switch as the old one was broke and also my dimmer switch which fixed my bright lights!!

I still do not have dash lights. I pulled the fuse (3amp) and I have no power to the acc light spot? Why wouldn't I have power? Where do I check from here? Thanks for your help

#3 ·
Did the dash lights work before?
Do your parking lights work?

79 was an interesting year in that they changed the switch 1/2 way through the year and the two are incompatible.

Make sure you got the right one.

One has a jumper, one has none. The difference is, if you have the wrong one, your parking lights wont work.

#4 ·
:D Thanks for posting that John, as it'd been many a moon since I had 'Black Betty' running until the other week I was dismayed that upon startup I had a headlight failure which I thought may have been the switch but I lacked a diagram. As it turned out the secondary battery was low that I have the headlight circuit running through. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Early on I had a similar issue with 'BB' it turned out that I had grounding issues from the Speedomter Housing to the Dash, in turn to the Body Tub. Once I established ground straps fromthe motor block and body tub to the Negative battery terminal everthing began working properly.

John Strenk's threads have helped me a great deal as has Jeep Hammer's
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/basic-wiring-101-getting-you-started-1340134/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.