Old Man Emu vs Rubicon Express - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Old Man Emu vs Rubicon Express

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 11-15-2005, 02:23 AM   #1
cyjeeper

Old Man Emu vs Rubicon Express

I'm up for a new suspension system and I'm kind of stuck between two options. OME or RE?
I want to hear from you people out there. The ones who already use these brands, or know from first hand, their pros and cons.
The OME "CJ to YJ spring conversion kit" that's being sold (from 4WD and Quadratec), is not produced from OME. That's 100% confirmed, after contacting the company and a local ARB dealer. That made me a bit sceptical about it. But other than that I found that people who use OME are very much pleased with it.
I don't know much about the RE extreme duty kit. But I hear that many people use it and are happy with it. I don't know how stiff it is. Is there much difference between the 2.5" and 4" suspension lift(other than the obvious height)?
Let me know what you think. Also tell me of a dealer where I can buy OME products at a good price.
Thanks a lot guys!!

Xenios

cyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

I can only say that my R.E lift is the best lift I've ever experienced.
The kit is very complete. Does the OME kit come with brake lines, shocks, shims, transfer case drop kit and a new pitman arm?

The R.E kit does.
Unread 11-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
OBXTucker

Ditto on the RE. I'm running the 4.5" set-up along with a 1" Daystar BL, RS 9000X's. Awesome set.

I bought from PORC (Performance Offroad Center), Alex. I think he's a member here. Great service and the BEST prices I've seen anywhere!! http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/

Good Luck!
OBXTucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.