I finally got rid...I mean...my company left this morning, so I finally crawled under the Jeep and reversed the factory shims on my front springs.
It only took about an hour. Once the shocks were off, the U-bolts removed, and the leaf-centering pin was loosened, the shim spun easily. I didn't have to remove the springs, entirely, just separate them from the axle.
By my not-so-accurate measurements, this should have net me about 3 more degrees of castor, and put me within the 5-7* spec range.
It definitely returns to center better than before, and it doesn't wander at all in the ruts, based on my drive test. We'll find out if it's within spec Monday morning at the alignment shop.....
The Ol' Girl is actually a lot
of fun to ride with her new legs.