oil pressure switch wiring with new carb and choke - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > oil pressure switch wiring with new carb and choke

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
neal90
1982 CJ7 

oil pressure switch wiring with new carb and choke

Im getting the motor craft carb kit from the guy on ebay and will be using the electric choke of the old carter carb. The wiring is all messed up so i want to get it fixed before the new carb arrives. What is the correct wiring for the electric choke. I can see the wire and its still plugged into the factory choke but I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge to I will need to get the correct switch. (what color wiring and how name go into the switch for a 1982 jeep. And whet ells must i sort out thanks.

neal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

You can keep the mechanical gauge but you will need to add a "T" and an oil pressure switch.

Usually there is power to the revers Light switch that can supply the power.
Run one wire from the power lead to the Rev light (look for red wire in harness to tranny) to one terminal on the pressure switch. It might be there alleady.
Run the other side of the pressure switch to the e-choke terminal.

Do you want to hook up the manifold heater also?
Thart will require hooking up a relay in the circuit also.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
You can keep the mechanical gauge but you will need to add a "T" and an oil pressure switch.
Something like this...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.