Oil From PCV Valve... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Oil From PCV Valve...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Oil From PCV Valve...

I have oil that seems to becoming from the or around the PCV valve. I'm thinking replace it? New Air filter on other end of valve cover. The PCV valve attaches to a hose that runs to the carb...

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

The valve itself should rattle when you shake it to know it is functioning. If it is leaking oil from around the seal, then I guess you would have to replace it.

BTW: Cool avatar.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Thanks...

I just want to make sure it isn't something else that could be causing the blow by...

Paved Roads
Quote:

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
Unread 01-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
SecretSquirrel
1980 CJ7 

If oil is coming from around the PCV valve it may be something else. Could be the gromet it mounts in, or internal egnine issues.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

If it's an internal engine issue. What do I look for?

Paved Roads
Quote:

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

check the obovious, cracked rubber gasket, stopped up pvc valve.

But you should be getting a good solid vac on the pvc line back to the carb.

The pvc valve on my 84 4 banger is tee off to the brake boster.

be sure the other hole in top of valve cover (incoming air) is not stopped up and you are getting clean filter air into the valve cover. The air that goes to my valve cover comes from a connection inside the carb air filter. so the air going to the valve cover is clean filtered air.

If all is working properly you should have so much vaccum pull that you should not be getting much oil leakage.

so check your vac pull.
wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.