Oil pan...what IS in the way? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Oil pan...what IS in the way?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
shadoow
1985 CJ7 

make sure the gasket surface on the pan is flat. Take a close look around the bolt holes in case the bolts were over-tightened and dished the flange on the pan. Other defects are usually from prying on the pan. If your pan is in too bad of shape a new quality pan (Spectra) runs about $130 from NAPA

shadoow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

I did not need to remove the engine mount, I used a tiny wrench that I bent and grinded smaller. But I had the same problem as the OP. The pan would not drop straight down. It seemed to be sandwiched between the front axle, and the oil pump. I used by hi-lift jack to lift the bumper a couple inches, and then the pan slid right out.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.