oil leak round 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > oil leak round 2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 03-31-2004, 02:28 PM   #1
lord_byron

oil leak round 2

Well, I've got the oil leak slowed down to a drip. I replaced the valve cover, rear seal, and oil sending unit. All this helped, but I still have that damn drip! It looks like there is oil leaking somewhere under the intake on the drivers side, near the firewall. I don't think its the valve cover, because I can get a mirror back there and it looks pretty dry. Oil is dripping down the bellhousing, just past the clutch spring/adjuster. Any places that are common for oil leaks besides the valve cover, rear main, and oil sending unit? My shop manual says to check main oil gallery, but I'm not sure where this is located. Thanks.

lord_byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Could it merely be residual oil from the original leak that hasn't dripped down yet or dried up?
Unread 03-31-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
lovemy'79350

just a thought but did u check around your freeze plugs? seen them go bad before
lovemy'79350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
lord_byron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams68
Could it merely be residual oil from the original leak that hasn't dripped down yet or dried up?

Its possible, and I've been thinking of that. I need to clean the engine really good, but my wife won't let me do that in the driveway The closest self-serve power wash is several miles away, and the engine is pretty hot by the time I get there. I'm a little concerned about spraying cold water all over a hot engine...
lord_byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 06:14 PM   #5
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Freeze plugs leak coolant, not oil.

Spray degreaser on it, let it sit and then hose it off... it'll be fine.
Unread 04-01-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
lovemy'79350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams68
Freeze plugs leak coolant, not oil.

Spray degreaser on it, let it sit and then hose it off... it'll be fine.
haha good call... *hits self in head and sits in corner* yep we all have our days..
lovemy'79350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.