Oil Filter Relocation Kit Minus The Filter??? MidJob - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Oil Filter Relocation Kit Minus The Filter??? MidJob

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Oil Filter Relocation Kit Minus The Filter??? MidJob

So Im tuning up my Willys today, transfercase rebuild, fluids, sparkplugs, Oil ect...

And here I go to change the oil and filter. And I cant find the filter anywhere

So in my in depth investigation (cant hide the damn thing but so many places) And i come to the conclusion that one of the previous owners in the last 55 years has done this.....

Put on an oil filter relocater but didnt put on the part the filter goes into? IDK, Is it me thats crazy for not knowin wtf im talkin about, or is it someone else?

And in the mean time, can I pop off the relocater and throw a filter on there or come up with some inline solution. Its probably been runnin like this for 5-10 years.

55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

What engine do you have? If there's room, you should be able to put a filter on it(normally those adapters just spin on like an oil filter). Or, you could get the remote mount for an oil filter & hook your lines up to that.
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Comanche_

Huh, wonder how trashed the inside of the motor is.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
deadeye
1983 CJ7 

All I can say is, why would someone do that.
83 CJ7, 350 TBI, TH350, Dana 300 twin stick, Dana 44 E-locker, Ford 8.8, Detroit, 4:10 gears, 35x13.5x15s
"Just Exchange Every Part"
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Yea really. I have NFI why. Tried to get it off and it wouldnt budge, so ill try to figure it out next weekend. No where in town stocks the other part I need but There should be enough clearance between the Fan but I wont know till I get it on there.

Amazingly the jeep runs like a champ so im not really worried for the time being. Just a weekend warrior. Never ceases to amaze me what some people do. I mean really, its not like they dont sell it all as a set. haha
55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.