Official 4.0 AX-15 swap thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Official 4.0 AX-15 swap thread

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 01-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #46
levergun
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Please excuse the hijack. Do you know the part number for the slaver cylinder pictured or one that works with a thread line? Anyone? I already have a master cylinder installed in my Cj7 from when i did the hydraulic swap and have a braided line running to the old slave. Now that I am installing an AX15, I need to use a different slave and all the slaves I found have the goofy connection.
Part was purchased from autozone and is a duralast part # 12457. Quick search revealed that is is also a bendix part number. Application is a 1988-1991 c1500.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...lave_CylinderQ Q19881991QQBF12457.html?apwcid=E1209090014W48113fd eed4c3&apwkwd=Bendix+Clutch+Slave+Cylinder&id=8k54 qmru&source=pjn&subid=3663
http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata...dix_12457.html
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BEN-12457/
There are mods that have to be done but it's pretty simple and easy. I had to drill 2 new mount holes as you can see in the pic and I had to grind the inside of the slave mount to clearance the trans. Also I had to shorten the pushrod by about 2". It was well worth it IMO to not have the stupid wimpy plastic one lol.

Unread 01-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #47
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Have a little hold up.While washing the inside of the transfer case out I noticed the back seal was leaking diesel that I was using to clean.So before I install it I am going to put a rear seal in it.Nobody around here has them in stock so I ordered it at local car quest.Suppose to be here Wednesday.
ymurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #48
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Sorry no update in awhile.Got new seal in and got my buddies transmission jack and going to get the transfer case in one way or another.Will update later.
Unread 02-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #49
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Well another set back.I got the wrong clocking ring.I got a flipped ring and that's not what I need.Good people at Novak are sending me a new one out Monday and I will send this one back.Its always something.Guess I will get my fuel system finished while I wait.
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #50
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Another set back again.I got the new clocking ring in and put it on.Figured I would fill transfer case up before the install and fluid was a steady drip from the front output shaft seal.I called every parts store around and no luck finding one so now I have to order one monday.If its not one thing its another.
Unread 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #51
RockScar
1984 CJ7 

what are you doing as far as a fuel pressure regulator?

Also, have you done the vss yet? I'm doing mine now, curious as to what you are doing to mate the 2 prong 91 VSS into the 3-prong harness.
Unread 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #52
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockScar View Post
what are you doing as far as a fuel pressure regulator?

Also, have you done the vss yet? I'm doing mine now, curious as to what you are doing to mate the 2 prong 91 VSS into the 3-prong harness.
The 94 4.0 I am running already has it on the fuel rail.I may have to order the 3 prong to 2 prong adapter from Hesco for the VSS.I cant find one anyplace used.
Unread 02-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #53
RockScar
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymurf View Post
The 94 4.0 I am running already has it on the fuel rail.I may have to order the 3 prong to 2 prong adapter from Hesco for the VSS.I cant find one anyplace used.
After I posted this, I went to the Napa site. They sell a connector, but it's $25!!! But looking at the picture of it there, it looks really similar to a lot of the male plugs that the 258 used. So, I'm going to look at my old harness to see if something will fit. Seems fairly likely that they would've used the same connector for multiple things. I'll let you know what I find.
Unread 02-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #54
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
After I posted this, I went to the Napa site. They sell a connector, but it's $25!!! But looking at the picture of it there, it looks really similar to a lot of the male plugs that the 258 used. So, I'm going to look at my old harness to see if something will fit. Seems fairly likely that they would've used the same connector for multiple things. I'll let you know what I find.
You have a part number for the one Napa has? The Hesco one is $17 plus shipping.
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #55
RockScar
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
You have a part number for the one Napa has? The Hesco one is $17 plus shipping.
I'll do you one better, here's the link.

Part Number: ECH EC165
Product Line: Echlin Ignition Parts
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #56
RockScar
1984 CJ7 

Oh, and btw the hesco 'adapter' is not really an adapter, but a plug to splice in.

Another question, have you found anything regarding which two of the three wires are used and which on goes to which vss pin? I assume the third is a speedo signal...
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #57
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Oh, and btw the hesco 'adapter' is not really an adapter, but a plug to splice in.

Another question, have you found anything regarding which two of the three wires are used and which on goes to which vss pin? I assume the third is a speedo signal...
Thanks for the link. There is a thread on here some place but cant find it right at the moment that tells what two wires to use.
Unread 02-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #58
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Have another set back.Went to bolt the transfer case up and the shifter bracket wont clear the transmission.I have done lots of reading on this swap and dont remember anyone mentioning this problem.There is no way,The bracket is going to hit on the AX15.I made a thread asking for help from anyone that has done this swap but either I am the only one or nobody has read it yet.
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #59
RockScar
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Have another set back.Went to bolt the transfer case up and the shifter bracket wont clear the transmission.I have done lots of reading on this swap and dont remember anyone mentioning this problem.There is no way,The bracket is going to hit on the AX15.I made a thread asking for help from anyone that has done this swap but either I am the only one or nobody has read it yet.
wont clear the tranny? or the tub? I'm trying to imagine where it hits...
It's the tcase aluminum shifter bracket, right? where is it hitting the tranny?
Unread 02-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #60
ymurf
1979 CJ7 

Here is where its going to hit.I took a pic through the tunnel and I still need to go 1 1/2" to mount transfer case.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.