OEM Roll Bar - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > OEM Roll Bar

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
Those roll bars are so dangerous I'd rather have one from a early YJ the family style roll bar I think is what they are called, they are basically a old CJ roll bar but with 6 points. .

all late CJ, YJ, and TJ rollbars have four mounting points, the only difference being the YJ/TJ have two additional spreader bars that go forward and mount to the windshield frame (which offers minimal additonal protection from large bugs hitting your WS frame and collapsing it )

none of these Jeeps had factory '6 point' cages.

the '92-up 'family style' simply offer a bit more coverage for rear occupants, but are basically the same style bar and material.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cage , roll bar , roll cage , rollbar , rollcage , tubing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.