OEM Air Cleaner with headers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > OEM Air Cleaner with headers

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #31
Sherms-CJ7
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherms-CJ7 View Post
Hey Jason,

I think leaving the PCV valve on the valve cover open, might disable the Air Door and/or Heat Door of the snorkel on the air cleaner. Though I am not certain ... mine are not working properly, but I actually have not connected the PCV line on my rig as I don't have the filter or that fitting. I'm not sure if mine not working was the cause or ... if they just are just broke; need to do some more troubleshooting myself.

Sorry for the late reply ...

John
You know, I think this is wrong. Thinking about it some more, having an open PCV line in the air-cleaner should not be related to Air Door and/or Heat Door not working properly. Looking at the schematics, separate vacuum lines control those doors ... I think I have problems with my air clearner.

Again going be to schematics, it looks like I may need to replace one or 2 of the following TAC vacuum motor, TAC temperature sensor, or evaporative system vacuum motor. Has anybody else had similar problems who can maybe point me in a direction for how to deal with that one? Can you even replace the TAC temperature sensor? Where to find one?

Thank you as always -
John

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

... can't take credit for the graphic ... but it's cool, ain't it?
Sherms-CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:48 AM   #32
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

John,

You are correct. The PCV line has nothing to do with the TAC system.

The TAC vacuum motors are easy to check. Just stick a vacuum pump on the hoses and see if the doors open.

If the vacuum motors are OK, hook them up per below. Then, start the engine and look down the breather housing as the engine warms. The inner most trap door should open as soon as the engine starts. The outer door should open gradually as the engine warms up. If it doesn't then the temp sensor (thermal switch) or the delay valve is bad.

Hope this helps,

Matt
tacplumbing.jpg  
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:50 AM   #33
Sherms-CJ7
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
John,

You are correct. The PCV line has nothing to do with the TAC system.

The TAC vacuum motors are easy to check. Just stick a vacuum pump on the hoses and see if the doors open.

If the vacuum motors are OK, hook them up per below. Then, start the engine and look down the breather housing as the engine warms. The inner most trap door should open as soon as the engine starts. The outer door should open gradually as the engine warms up. If it doesn't then the temp sensor (thermal switch) or the delay valve is bad.

Hope this helps,

Matt
Hi Matt!!

That helps big time - Thank you again ... especially for being so quick to respond!!

At this point, I think I owe you quite a few beers ...

Best regards -
John
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

... can't take credit for the graphic ... but it's cool, ain't it?
Sherms-CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 05:54 AM   #34
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

No worries. The vacuum systems on these old heaps is kinda my forte.

The electrical, on the other hand, not so much.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.