OBD Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > OBD Light

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 06-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
durkeeam

OBD Light

I have a 2003 CJ, 13000 miles on it. Check engine light came on today, and wouldn't you guess it...the last day on the warranty was yesterday!! i swear they have some sort of timer

I know that a lot of times when these lights come on, it just means something as simple as the gas cap isn't screwed in all the way, but you have to have a repair shop reset the light which can cost upwards of $100. Is there any way for me to find out on my own what the problem is? If it is the gas cap would possibly removing it, and then replacing the gas cap make the light go off or am I stuck with having a mechanic reset the light?

Thanks

durkeeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
durkeeam

sorry, i definitely put this under the cj thread, when i meant to put it under tj thread
durkeeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

For a minute there, I was very jealous of your "CJ"
Unread 06-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
mxg342
1984 CJ7 

you can pull the codes by cycling the key off on three times

off
on
off
on
off
on and leave it in the on position without ever hitting the start position.

Watch the check engine light

it will flash something like this

flash pause flash long pause flash pause flash pause flash

This would be code 23. Do an online search for codes or post on the TJ forum for some help.
'84 CJ-7 Junkyard TBI 360/T18/D300, 4" 4WDH Lift, D44 front with ARB and HS/D44 Rear w/ Detroit, 4.56s, 36" Iroks, TFI, TJ flares, Homemade rocker guards and bumpers with swing out, Optima Yellow Top, M8000, York OBA, 6pt cage
"when you're up to your *** in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original intention is to drain the swamp"
mxg342 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.