OA Height of lifted CJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > OA Height of lifted CJ?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 05-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #1
PAMedic13
2004 TJ Wrangler 

OA Height of lifted CJ?

I'm looking at a CJ7. As a future build, I'm thinking of SOA and Dana 44s with 38" tires. What I done know is how tall will the CJ be, will it fit through my garage doors? I haven't found any figures as the height to the top of the roof. Thanks.

PAMedic13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
thompsoj22
1984 CJ7 

why so high?

why do you want so much lift?. i am new to jeeps and just got mine legal and driving daily. i have taken it out and done some modest climbing with it at stock height and can tell you that it dosent take to much of a sideways lean to get you clenching tight. like i say, im new and maybe it just takes time to get used to the feel of a short/narrow wheelbase on a side angle but i cant imagine being excessively lifted and having to avoid all leaning situations to keep from rolling it over on it's top.
thompsoj22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
CSP

My CJ5 is spring over with springs that equate to about a 2.5" spring lift and 37" tires. Overall it's about 7.5" over stock. Mine fit under a 7' garage door opening if it didn't have the soft top installed. Luckily my garage door openings are 8', so there's no clearance to worry about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsoj22 View Post
i say, im new and maybe it just takes time to get used to the feel of a short/narrow wheelbase on a side angle but i cant imagine being excessively lifted and having to avoid all leaning situations to keep from rolling it over on it's top.
The OP mentioned Dana 44s, so it's pretty safe to assume that with taller he's also going wider which is definitely necessary going that tall. Mine doesn't feel tippy at all. It's been on it's side a few times, but it's gone over very easy and I knew I was right on the edge of pushing it.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
PAMedic13
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've had two CJ5s in the past and now poking for another. I've always wanted to lift up and I would like to run BIG tires. I've ran 33s and 38s are the next size I want, I think. With the price of tires that big I don't want to buy a set every year! I'm glad to hear that with the soa and large tires will clear an 8' door. It will be awhile as I want to get the axles, regear for bigger tires, and also the spring over, so I have all the pieces together when I start into it.
PAMedic13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.