Nutmeg spray dye sources and code? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Nutmeg spray dye sources and code?

WIN a set of Mammoth Boulder Wheels at ExtremeTerrain.com!Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidTruck & Jeep Fest 2015 - Edmonton

Unread 04-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
scottyDive
1984 CJ7 

Nutmeg spray dye sources and code?

I went to the shop that has done custom spray dye for me in the past using SEM, but they changed hands and now are using Dupont. The code they came up with just didn't look right and they want to charge $100 per hours for custom mixing. I left.

Has anyone had nutmeg stray dye mixed and still have the code or better yet is there something off the shelf???

scottyDive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

wm69 may be a good person to ask - I seem to remember some posts here and there by him on the subject. That may have been honey and I'm getting confused, however
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 04:50 AM   #3
chucker2
1981 CJ7 

call sem in rock hill. sc. ask for anne zoelle. send her a fabric swatch. she will custom mix your color and put it in a rattle can. 2 cans cost me 79 bucks back in november.

chuck

anne 803-207-8222
Unread 04-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
wm69

The SEM "Camel" is a perfect match for Honey. Nutmeg I'm not aware of any spray on dye that is the right color.

Looks like chuckster2 has a potential solution.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #5
scottyDive
1984 CJ7 

Chucker - thanks for that lead. There is another SEM dealer about 30 minutes away that I am going to try first. I am going to see if they can give me their final formula code so that others can just order it without bringing or sending in samples.

On a related note....is there a code or off the shelf color for the nutmeg hardtop?
scottyDive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
chucker2
1981 CJ7 

Scotty, nope dont do that. call Anne. They have the equipment to scan the swatch properly. The dealers in the field dont. You will find them adding a little bit of this and that under their hair dryer to "get it close"

experience is a good thing, call Anne

chuck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.