Nutmeg paint for a 1985 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Nutmeg paint for a 1985 CJ7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
tmja6852
1985 CJ7 

Nutmeg paint for a 1985 CJ7

I am looking for a paint match for our 1985 CJ7. I want to paint the hardtop and can't find the right number match for the paint.

The paint store matched "nutmeg" and it was very dark compared to our original interior nutmeg.

Any ideas?

tmja6852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
Shrevmo
1985 CJ7 

Not to say that you don't know what you're talking about, but are you sure that it is nutmeg? and not honey. My 85 is honey and it is lighter than the nutmeg but darker than tan. There is a VIN decoder on here and you can confirm what you have. Hope that may help.
Unread 06-11-2010, 04:43 AM   #3
Bubba Ray
1984 CJ7 

My 84 has nutmeg seats and top. I took a sample to local paint store and they matched it. Painted the top with a low nap roller and a foam brush. it turned out real nice. Used oil based paint and it has held up real well for two years now. You may want to consider switching to spice because nutmeg repalcement stuff is VERY hard to find.
Bubba Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.