Now What? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Now What?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #16
CjAl
1980 CJ7 

the stock setup for the steering stabilizer is a plate that goes between the spring and the u bolt plate. it sticks out the front and has a stud on it or the end of the stabilizer. I don't have a pic on hand but i'll try to run out and get one if I can get someone to get my sleeping son off my back... lol

I can't see the other end of ours but i'm assuming it's the universal kit that just has a u bolt around the axle tube.. they are a bear to get right and sometimes never can

CjAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #17
CjAl
1980 CJ7 

don't have batteries for my camera and my phone won't focus in the dark. I'l have to get it tomarrow if nobody else comes up with one
CjAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #18
frodin1
1980 CJ7 

That's the way this should be mounted. Pushing it all the way to the axle is too much of an angle. it really should be almost straight. OK, I probably can fab something to work.
frodin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #19
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Like mentioned in the other thread, the stabilizer bar just needs to be turned down at the tie rod end. it looks like someone fine tuned the alignment and they were just too lazy to unbolt the stabilizer shock to reset it correctly.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #20
frodin1
1980 CJ7 

It won't work that way, when I turn the steering the rods, they separate slightly, which increases the distance from the axle. On the old shock I took off, the threaded stud on top was bent almost a full inch over, because of the direction the shock is getting pulled. That's why I need to make a bracket to mount off the leaf spring perch, that' ll give me a few more inches to straighten it out. Also, just turning it over it hits the front diff cover, also because of the angle.Once I mount it to the perch it'll be fine because it'll be almost perfectly straight, with the mounts, not at a 45 degree angle. Thanks
frodin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.