Indeed Commadore64, I am very appreciative of my cousin for the use of his time and equipment. I don't think I would have attempted this size of restoration without knowing I could count on him... Much love to cousin Jamie!! Needless to say he is a very busy man and I only wish I had his skills and trade in place of being a computer jockey.
Tonight I took on the take of brake lines... Picked up a 25' roll of the Poly-Armour PVF Steel Brake Line and the 3/8" 24 brake line nuts/fittings. Borrowed a friends tube bender, cutter, and double flaring kit. Then proceeded to bend me some tubing. There is a little be of a learning curve to it but it is not to hard to do. most of the line i was able to thumb bend without crimping the line. also learned a trick, i zip tied the old line to the new as i bent it this kept it in form and help me identify where i needed to do little tweaks at the end and ensures a near prefect duplicate bend each time.
also please note the the cost benefit of beginning your own line far out ways the time and effort learning to do it your self, saved over $200 bending the line at home vs. the prevent kits. Which is good, as I think my shocks are shot... compressed all four of then all the way last night and still fully compressed tonight... ahh they were looking pretty rough to boot..
7cj5white6, not sure off hand on the size, just know I took one original bell housing bolt to tractor supply and matched up the thread in a schedule 8 bolt not sure if I went 3 1/2" or larger. Will let you know once i drop her back in within the next few weeks.
Life's been busy so the jeep project has been on hold. Wife resigned from her job so just my income now.. Kinda slows the restoration pace a little bit. but still moving forward. Got the Brake lines roughly laid in place. Also repainted and installed the sway bar last night. planning to install the steering stablizer and new fuel tank this next week. Then clean up, paint, and install the fuel lines.
Installed all new break and fuel lines. Installed new fuel tank, fuel sender, fill hoses, tank skid pan.
Rebuilt the T150 (seals, bearings, gaskets, new fluid, and new back up light switch). Blasted it and repainted the transmission, transfer case, and bellhouseing nice pretty black.
Reinstalled the clutch to the flywheel
Then today I, Reinstalled the I6-258, T150, and D20 back into the nice shiny frame had to take a moment to cherish the moment, the motor has been out for quite some time and seeing it back in place felt real good. Over the next few weeks I plan to get all the accessories put back in place. Starter, exhaust, fan, and pulleys. Also going to get serious about the body work this week too. going to check out the current status of the tube and start the body filling process to get her all nice and strait again.
Looking for any great tips on necessary tools and tricks of the trade for body work. I know it's time to go shopping again for this leg of the process. Going to be using body filler on the uneven spots to make it nice and smooth again prior to paint work.
Hello "neighbor". Great work on the jeep so far. Much faster progress than me. My first plan of action is just reliable and safe for mine. A full tear down resto will happen later. Keep up the good work! Suscribed!
"It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!"
The tires are Pro Comp Extreme M/T 35's. Just visited Jamie tonight and picked up some of the smaller bits and pieces.
the tub is full of all the little stuff like my mirror mounts, hood hinges, windshield hardware and pedal assemblies. it's funny but the tub is the color the jeep is going to be painted. so form the paint light bezels you can see how the black trim will pop when she is all done.