Novak vs. Advance Adapters - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Novak vs. Advance Adapters

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
gjohnson
1986 CJ7 

Novak vs. Advance Adapters

OK, so I'm doing the 4.0 swap, and I am dropping in an AX-15 tranny, which I will be adapting to my Dana 300. The problem is that I can't decide which adapter to use. The novak adapter is cheaper at $118, but the AA adapter comes with an index retainer and is $173. Do I need the extra part? If anybody has any info, it would be helpful. Thanks.

Novak:
http://novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_153.htm

AA:
http://72.20.96.178/commerce/ccpc107...03-50-8603.htm

gjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
slacker92104

I was very happy with the novak adapter. The "index retainer" looks like a new input bearing retainer for the t-case. I'm not sure what it does, or why you would use it.
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
troy.j
1999 TJ Wrangler 

the AA adapter comes with an index retainer and is $173. Do I need the extra part? If anybody has any info, it would be helpful. Thanks.

the index retainer alows you to roll the case down for better driveline angles with out lowering the whole thing. depends on how much lift you will have and if you want it or not.

...ask those who have bled of the cost of freedom and honor those who gave that others may have what we take for granted...
troy.j is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.