Novak Adapters...not good.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Novak Adapters...not good....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 10-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
Matt_G
1979 CJ5 

I see your frustration about not getting it this weekend and I'm on your side that they could/should have cut you a break for being late with no notice. however, 2 days is pretty fast to get a part out the door and he did say that if you had called they would have been happy to get it figured out for you. in the end it can't be that big of a deal. we all new it would take 2X as long as you think, cost 3X as much and take up 4X as much space.... you don't even want to know what the 5X and 6X are... but it relates to money either way

Unread 10-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
commadore64
Jeep = bleeding money

1980 CJ5 

Oh yeah, and like Jim1611 said, you'll be pleased with the parts from Novak... shipping issues aside.

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take everything you have." - Barry Goldwater
commadore64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #18
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commadore64 View Post
Oh yeah, and like Jim1611 said, you'll be pleased with the parts from Novak... shipping issues aside.
I will only be happy if they install themselves!!!!

Nah, I was just really looking forward to knocking this out this weekend and being that last step closer to having it back on the road. I guess the attitude and lack of concern for my time and money caught me off-guard from both of the people I spoke to at Novak.
Unread 10-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #19
razor2264
1979 CJ5 

I ordered a clifford intake and headers last year. It only took 4 months to get them and they sent me the wrong headers the first time.
razor2264 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #20
mopar346
1984 CJ7 

I ordered from Novak and things went great and I have recommended them. That being said, stuff happens, but there is no excuse for indifference. I train customer service and in one study I quote, the number one reason people defect from doing business with a company in employee indifference, not price, not quality, not convenience, employee indifference. All in the customer service industry should fully understand this. I feel comfortable in saying your level of frustration would not be as high if you felt the person on the other end of the phone actually cared.
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #21
molsenice
1964 CJ5 

The USPO Lost a package I shipped and insured for 2 months, It was an igniter from Petronix, and it was an exchange for the correct one. when it showed up I thought it was the original lost package - and was heading to UPS to resend it when I realized I was holding the self addressed stamped envelope I had sent with the return. - after 2 months I had my part.

Don't get me started on the fiasco with Smittybuilt and their order / shipping, It boils down to business. To stay competitive it boils down to volume and cost. Most customers are supplied fine and the few - you, me in my case feel unjust in our treatment.

It took a few moments to realize the company did not pick my name out of all the orders to mess with - it just didn't flow through the system the way anyone wanted.

When I think of all the parts I have purchased in my 2 builds just 2 screw ups come to mind - the post office and smithy built. that would be 99.99999% or more delivery on time - issue free

Pretty amazing when you think - did I really just order a Headlight switch BRAND NEW for a jeep that is 39 years old - and I have to wait 3 days to get it shipped from Buffalo to Glens Falls? (only 300 miles), But NAPA has it and I have had more delays than an airport with my build

Good Luck
molsenice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #22
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaguy01 View Post
I understand your pain but, I have had nothing but exceptional service Novak. Best of luck with your project though.
i ordered an np435 rebuild kit, and a np435/d300 adapter, and d300 twin sticks. got em within a reasonable time and it all went together nicely. my only complaint is that they use jap bearings...i was expecting timkens.
'79 CJ7 sold
'82 CJ7 parted
'89 MJ sold

SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #23
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

This is nothing compared to some of the horror stories about vendors.

Don't plan to assemble anything until you have what you need to assemble it in your hand.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #24
CoryA
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingprop
honestly...I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill on this one. two day delays while they hurry to make more parts to get them to you as quickly as possible doesnt seem like that big of a deal. Not after hearing the nightmares people have had with 4wd, Oconee, and other vendors who have taken months to get orders out.

I guarantee you that the customer service you get from AA would be far worse...
I agree with kickingprop pretty much exactly what I was thinking I know it's frustrating waiting for parts but doesn't get too much better than Novak

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum
CoryA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #25
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
Don't plan to assemble anything until you have what you need to assemble it in your hand.
Words of wisdom!
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #26
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
You have convinced me!
Did you call, or order online?

If I needed it on such and such day, I would call and get confirmation that I would have it. Otherwise, I would have been prepared to be dissapointed.

Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #27
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

At my work, if you call and speak to a sales person, you get results faster...where as if an order is placed online, it goes to the warehouse where a picker gets the ticket and there are many factors that can influence when it's actually picked/packaged/shipped. It depends on how busy they are, if a kit needs to be assembled, if something wasn't fully received yet and says it's in stock when they're not...it can be frustrating, but that's the parts business.

If I ever am relying something arriving by a specific time within a week or so, I call to confirm just in case there is no curveball situation.

Best of luck with the install when you receive the parts!
JrTjK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #28
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar346 View Post
I ordered from Novak and things went great and I have recommended them. That being said, stuff happens, but there is no excuse for indifference. I train customer service and in one study I quote, the number one reason people defect from doing business with a company in employee indifference, not price, not quality, not convenience, employee indifference. All in the customer service industry should fully understand this. I feel comfortable in saying your level of frustration would not be as high if you felt the person on the other end of the phone actually cared.
THIS^^^^^

When did it become acceptable to be disappointed? If we all have had the same issues with multiple suppliers, why not start rewarding the ones who go the extra mile with our sales? You know, show some actual appreciation for those who get it done and hold the ones who don't accountable?
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #29
addicted2dunes
1981 CJ8 

I don't know about you guys but almost every distributor has had a problem with somebody. There would not be a single distributor that has pleased every single person.

Also, look at the economy, it's taking a ****, most distributors are stocking as much anymore because it's too much of an overhead cost.
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.