NoVA CJ7 mechanic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > NoVA CJ7 mechanic

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
woundedeagle

NoVA CJ7 mechanic

Hey guys, I am a new member looking for some help. I recently bought a 78 Golden Eagle with what I was told was a completely rebuilt and fully operational motor. Turns out that wasn't exactly the case. Long story short, the seller is trying to make it right and is sending me a new motor. The problem is I am not capable of installing it myself and need someone in the northern VA area that is an experienced CJ7 mechanic so I don't have a repeat of this issue. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

woundedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
1986cj
1986 CJ7 

Why would you need a CJ mechanic, they are really simple setups even more so for a 78. Any good mechanic should be able to r&r on one of these motors.
1986cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
woundedeagle

Fair enough. Hope about a reputable mechanic in NoVA then? I haven't lived here long enough to find one.
woundedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Might try posting this on the NOVA Jeepers or Beltway4WD club forums.. lots of good/knowledgeable people on both sites.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Check out NOVA Jeepers website (as BESRK recommends). There's a guy that is well known among the Jeep community and supposedly does good work (I haven't used his services). I believe it's Brad at the Van Dorn Exxon in Alexandria.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.