NON-Jeep. Found another addiction due to this site - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > NON-Jeep. Found another addiction due to this site

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #31
ButcherJones
1977 CJ5 

The airwieght doesnt have a safety, but its one of the best handguns for CCW that I have ever owned.
There are alot of CCW that do not have safetys, as they are made to be able to use quickly, that is thier purpose.

As for your rifle, dont listen to whomever told you to "play" with it before you shoot it. It is not a toy, its a tool that takes some instruction.
Get out, shoot it, break it down, shoot it again. Find out what it likes to eat. Then clean it, and stowe it correctly.
That is the only way to get used to what you own, and have customized already.
That or try to get out with someone who owns one or has a backround with the platform.

That and please, listen to those in this thread who have given a few examples on safety with children and firearms. Just being in a case, or not having a pill in the pipe doesnt do anything to a 5 year old with a few minutes to spare. It isnt worth it.
If you have kids I would seriously consider a safe or de bolt it as Jeephammer suggested.

Oh, and they are magazines, not clips.

ButcherJones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #32
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

Magazines, got it. I actually looked at safes while at BPS yesterday, and found a good basic one for $550. I know it would be the safest way to store it, and would also keep it from walking off in the event of a break in. Anymore money going into guns, and I'll need a little better safe than the pistol safe I have.
Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
ButcherJones
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dborns View Post
Magazines, got it. I actually looked at safes while at BPS yesterday, and found a good basic one for $550. I know it would be the safest way to store it, and would also keep it from walking off in the event of a break in. Anymore money going into guns, and I'll need a little better safe than the pistol safe I have.
Yea they have some nice stuff! You can also check out home depot, and lowes, they have ten gun safes, that arent the best by any means, but if bolted down, they are great from burglars and most of all KIDS!
I use a home depot SENTRY safe as well as a few others...I think I got it for around $300...
ButcherJones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Great another one of us with black riffle disease. Soon you will find yourself reloading ammo as well. There is no hope for you now. Better just start selling blood and organs now.
Unread 09-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #35
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Unread 09-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #36
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

Disease, ah yes... When I first joined this site and read threads of people that had multiple Jeeps, I always thought, why would someone need more than one. After contracting the CJ disease, I can see how that could happen. I check CL everyday for good "deals" on Jeeps or CJ's that obviously I don't need, but need. I thought the same thing when reading about AR owners with numerous builds, why would you need more than one? But after looking at different AR builds, I'm already looking at new lowers.
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #37
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dborns View Post
Disease, ah yes... When I first joined this site and read threads of people that had multiple Jeeps, I always thought, why would someone need more than one. After contracting the CJ disease, I can see how that could happen. I check CL everyday for good "deals" on Jeeps or CJ's that obviously I don't need, but need. I thought the same thing when reading about AR owners with numerous builds, why would you need more than one? But after looking at different AR builds, I'm already looking at new lowers.
It is a disease all right, I started off with one Jeep and a motorbike and ended up with 3 Jeeps and 2 motorbokes. AND I STILL CANNOT GET A LIFT TO THE AIRPORT.

Guns are the same, I think because they can be relatively cheap and are tactile and hence collectible. My favourites are Martini Henry rifles in 577/450 of the 1860s/1870s.

I get the fun of taking it apart and restoring it and researching the butt markings etc and working out where in the world it has travelled. A bit like a Jeep, you get to know all the variations and bits and pieces and what you can do to it and which type was made when etc.

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #38
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
I have to disagree.
If you get some of the military surplus, they are FMJ or Full Metal Jacket, and they will blow through a wall like it's not there.
There are also a LOT of 'Penetrators' out there (They don't call them 'Armor Percing' anymore) that have a solid, hardened core under the copper, and they will shoot through a school with no issues,
So don't use 'FMJ' or 'Penetrators' for home defense...
I was a little surprised what one of those penetrators can do. Here is what some Russian surplus bullets did to a piece of steel at 100 yards from some old Russian Mosin (?) Carbine.
penetrators01.jpg   penetrators02.jpg  
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #39
upsmech
1978 CJ7 

Pretty good deal on Pmags at Jabtac.
http://jabtac.com/store/index.php?ma...su5anqq8kfdgi4
upsmech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #40
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

About two months ago, Cabelas had those Russian Nagant rifles for around $100. Awesome looking rifle, but when I called, the salesperson said they sell out pretty much right away.

I actually found PMags at Bass Pro for $15 a piece. I happened to notice them as I was heading out. I thought it was a pretty good price so I picked up one and will probably go back and get a few more. I see there are alot of thoughts on polymer vs. metal mags. It looks like they are close to the same price, so I may pick up some aluminum ones also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.