NON-Jeep. Found another addiction due to this site - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > NON-Jeep. Found another addiction due to this site

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
Badshot
1985 CJ7 

It's addictive. Barbie for men is what my wife calls it. You can customize and accessorize until you cant see the gun anymore. I like mine naked.

Badshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
Endimar

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Now I have to find pictures of my AR-15. It is not in NY legal condition because of the collapsible stock. I built mine from scratch when I lived in FL. It cost me less than 700. I used a GSE lower, I have a DPMS Upper and competition HBar (bull barrel) on it. The trigger is a DmPS 3lb trigger and I forget who the stock is from. I absolutely love my AR. The break-in on the barrel was a pain, but I can drive tracks with it at 100 yards. I don't have long range optics for it yet, I just have a red/green dot sight with 0 mag no iron sights at all. My next purchase for it is a new free floating barrel kit with a nice rail system and a set of pins for the stock. It has to wait for my Jeep to be finished though.

First time I took it out, I nailed three coyotes between 75 yards and 125 yards. The only thing I don't like is it is LOUD. It is louder than my 30-06 and my 45-70. No flash suppressor on the end because of the barrel. But I love my baby.
Endimar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #18
Bakunin
1985 CJ7 

I'll bite

My Brown M97-D single shot falling block wildcat.

And my first four shots after sight-in. I'm no pro but it's pretty accurate for me.
m97d-5.jpg   after_sight_in.jpg  
Unread 09-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #19
Frenimy
1981 CJ7 

Congrats on the Purchase and welcome to the club. Becareful that is a habit that can spiral out of control very fast. But then again you cant really own too many so have fun with it.
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #20
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJensen View Post
Call me crazy, or maybe it's the Marine in me...WEAPON ON SAFE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO FIRE! That's how accidents happen, trust me on this one. I almost didn't come home from a deployment because of a Marine who didn't have his weapon on safe. Sorry for the rant, just kind of a touchy subject. Sidenote - Nice looking equipment gents!
Guess you were never an armorer or arms room grunt.
You have to have the rifle on 'Fire' when you do a clearing, function check before you rack them.

Yup, we did a cycle/function check on EVERY rifle that came in the arms room because you never knew when a Marine was going to need that rifle in working condition!

Safety was for the grunt after he locked and loaded...

Most AR's wont go on 'Safe' with the hammer down, the hammer has to be cocked before the rifle will go on 'Safe'...
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #21
viimag
1979 CJ5 

*Disclaimer* I have never been in the service...

From a civilian perspective, A gun is always "loaded" no mater what and needs to have the safety turned on if at all possible; unless it does not have one (like my Sigsauer). Also I don't think that I can put my hunting rifles on safe if I have dry fired and the pin is down. However I will still treat these guns as "loaded".

If I were in a war zone and someone may start shooting at me at any moment, the last thing I want to be worrying about is "this dang gun is stuck on safety and I cant fire back."
viimag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #22
ButcherJones
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
Guess you were never an armorer or arms room grunt.
You have to have the rifle on 'Fire' when you do a clearing, function check before you rack them.
This. Glad someone knows.

Weapons are cleaned, then placed in the safe. Added mags for picture.
Sad to say, that my class III and suppressed weapons are at my home in Arizona while Im out here living in California. The laws here are a joke.

I do enjoy the long range shooting and pistol work, but its not the same.
ButcherJones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #23
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

JeepHammer- I may have gone a little "ebayhappy" when I got this thing and bought to many add-ons. I like the light, so it will stay, but I may change a few other things.

As far as safety with firearms; I have two angels, and I always put my 9 on the nightstand and put it in the safe during the day. There have been a few times where my oldest has pointed to it and asked about it, and I don't know if its because we've talked about it or what, but neither one will get close to it. Still, even though I keep it loaded BUT nothing in the chamber, I still worry about finding them even touching it.
Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #24
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

JeepHammer- I may have gone a little "ebayhappy" when I got this thing and bought to many add-ons. I like the light, so it will stay, but I may change a few other things.

As far as safety with firearms; I have two angels, and I always put my 9 on the nightstand and put it in the safe during the day. There have been a few times where my oldest has pointed to it and asked about it, and I don't know if its because we've talked about it or what, but neither one will get close to it. Still, even though I keep it loaded BUT nothing in the chamber, I still worry about finding them even touching it.
Unread 09-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
1sik78cj7
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dborns View Post
As the saying goes "curiosity killed the cat". I think education is the best policy with firearms. If children (and adults for that matter) are taught proper firearms safety and how to use them, i.e. load, unload, clear, etc. Then they won't be curious about them and want to "play" with them when no one is looking. I grew up around guns, hunting and such, at a very young age my dad took me to the range and taught me how to shoot. He always made me recite to him the following safety rules before I was allowed to handle any firearm:

1) Treat every gun like it's loaded
2) Finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
3) Don't point it at anything you don't want to kill or destroy

I know these sound very basic and I'm sure there are many more "safety rules" out there, but it worked and drove the point home to an excited kid.

Also I remember him shooting a few full 12 oz cans and water bottles one of the first times he took me shooting. Seeing them "explode" when hit made a much better impression of what a bullet could do then those little holes in a paper target!

Stay safe, and BTW I like the add on accessories!
Unread 09-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #26
83vert
1982 CJ7 

I hate this topic. You guys are going to get me in trouble with the wife if I keep looking at the pics of these beautiful pieces of art. Keep posting pics I love em
Unread 09-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #27
Endimar

1991 YJ Wrangler 

LoL my wife saw the gun and banned me from this thread. She told me it's the jeep and her,, the guns and her, or the jeep guns and a nasty divorce in which she will take both. Right now jeep and her lol.
Unread 09-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #28
stamp32
1983 CJ7 

I know how it feels to have a habit you just cannot kick...I don't know if other states have it but in Texas we have texasguntrader.com. Its like a CraigsList for firearms. I have purchased some smokin deals on a couple pistols and a rifle. I look at it at least 3 times a day. The last purchase was for a Remington 700 in mint condition for $225 , no joke right place at the right time.

Dont worry you are not alone in your struggles with your new addiction.
stamp32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #29
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viimag View Post
*Disclaimer* I have never been in the service...

From a civilian perspective, A gun is always "loaded" no mater what and needs to have the safety turned on if at all possible; unless it does not have one (like my Sigsauer). Also I don't think that I can put my hunting rifles on safe if I have dry fired and the pin is down. However I will still treat these guns as "loaded".

If I were in a war zone and someone may start shooting at me at any moment, the last thing I want to be worrying about is "this dang gun is stuck on safety and I cant fire back."
That's what most people *SHOULD* do...

What I WON'T do is put one in the 'RACK' with it cocked.
No unnessary pressure on the hammer or firing pin springs....

Since an AR won't 'Safe' without the hammer 'Cocked', you MUST leave it on fire if you take the pressure off the hammer spring when in storage.

I've got a couple of bolt rilfles that won't 'Safe' without being cocked, so they 'Rack' with the safety in the 'Fire' position since I won't store them cocked.

The "BEST" way to 'Safe' an AR around kids is to take the bolt/carrier out of it when stored.
Takes about 10 seconds to install even by a rank amature, and no 'Kid' can figure out how to put it back in without some SERIOUS instruction.

It's a three step install when you need to use the rifle, and there is no way to chamber/fire the rifle with it out of the rifle.
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #30
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

I tore it down yesterday so I can start getting familiar with it. I had planned on shooting it tomorrow, but had someone mention that I should play with it for a while before I even think about firing it, so I may wait. I also bought a lockable hard case for it and will store it high where the little ones can't get to it; unloaded of course. I feel pretty comfortable right now since my girls are young enough that they can't get to the gun safe and couldn't turn both keys to open it if they did. I also never leave a bullet in the chamber, and know they couldn't pull the slide if they got ahold of one.

I have issues with both the "Safes" on my handguns. I don't like that neither my XD or my .380 actually have a "Safe" mode that totally disconnects the trigger. The XD has the safety on the handle and the double trigger, along with the pin in the rear showing its cocked, and the notch on the top showing theres one in the chamber, but the .380 has no safety at all. I've wanted to get a S&W Airlite revolver for awhile now, but I don't think revolvers have safetys?

As they get older, I'll need to move the gun safe higher, and I always take the clips out, lock the guns, and store the clips elsewhere when the older kids are coming over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.