noise from clutch/tranny - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > noise from clutch/tranny

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
wizim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

noise from clutch/tranny

77 cj5 with 232 manual 3 speed. when i just rest my foot on the clutch pedal it makes a whining type noise. is that the throwout bearing? can it be lubed? im sure being completely under water several times may have something to do with it.

08 pontiac G8 GT lowered, longtubes,tune, 20's
wizim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

It could be the bearing or the clutch itself. You should never rest your foot on the clutch as it will engage it slightly and cause quicker wear. Best option is to check the clutch and inspect it for improper wear and or damage. If your going through water a lot it could be debris from the water like mud, sand, sticks, etc. Also check your fluid you will probably need to change it.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.