No speedo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > No speedo

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 09-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
diggy

No speedo

any idea what would cause my speedo to take a crapper instantly? I already checked the connections in the dash. Where does it run from? I hate having all these questions. Hopefully I can help someone else out soon.

Diggy

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2002, 07:34 AM   #2
CJMONEYPIT

Your cable is probably shot. It most likely runs from your T-case to the back of your speedo. Easy to find, easy to fix.
CJMONEYPIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2002, 11:18 AM   #3
Bulletproofcj7

Unscrew the cable housing from the t case, spin the inner cable with your fingers while some one watches the speedo to see if it moves. it probably wont since the end of the cable has probably broke off and is either still in the t case or in your hand, then you need a new cable.
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2002, 05:24 PM   #4
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Yeah that's what happened. The speedo needle tends to bounce around alot prior to them breaking off.

I just replaced mine. I have an '85 CJ7 and the cables that Quadratec sells were too long. I got mine from PepBoys, installed it in about 3 1/2 minutes....
Unread 09-24-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
diggy

big thanks

Thanks everybody. I'll check it tomorrow morning, and let ya know what I find.
Unread 09-25-2002, 08:34 PM   #6
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Diggy, are you coming down to Valley Forge for the CJ meet n' Greet?

Love to have you join us.
Unread 09-25-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
diggy

I'll try

I'll defenitly try to make it. Thank you very much for inviting me. I may have to just bring a picture of my cj. Right now it's still a little pised off at me and refuses to let everything work at the same time. As soon as it fix one thing it starts to make a new noise somewhere else. I was going to fix it the old fashion way, and just install a louder stereo. lol. When is the meet?

Diggy
Unread 09-25-2002, 09:03 PM   #8
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Oh my pleasure, it's a wide open CJ invitation to anyone who wants to come down. We have people coming from all over.

If your CJ is inspected, make an effort to come down. If you don't feel comfortable risking the drive, come down anyway in another vehicle....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.