no spark!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > no spark!!!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
NJCJ7

no spark!!!

all ignition parts are brand new... dist cap/rotor, plugs, coil, wires, ig. control module. ABSOLUTELY NO SPARK though... wtf? Here is a weird symptom, help diagnose if you would: when everything's connected the coil is hot to the touch even if just sitting there, not trying to start or having tried to start it for hours. Does that indicate a short or bad ground?

Unread 10-25-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

I'm by no means really knowledgeable of ignition systems, but it sounds like you said a ground. The coil may be getting a continuous feed of positive. Something is definently wired wrong. Get a hold of a wiring diagram and recheck everything you have, especially check the + side of the coil whatever i hooked there is wrong. Good luck with it.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 03:43 PM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Take the 2 connectors on the posts of the ignition module and reverse them...
Unread 10-26-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
NJCJ7

well, i'll be damned... after 2 days of fighting to get the thing started... it was the firing order! I double and triple checked it, but I was checking it to the wrong firing order! I rearranged the plug wires THE RIGHT WAY and she fired right up... when will i learn to suspect the simple things first???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.