No high gears - Dana 300 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > No high gears - Dana 300

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
jephwoyo
1983 CJ5 

Thanks guys for all your help thus far. I'm waiting for a buddy to help me out, but a quick update I forgot to mention earlier.

When I put the transfer case in 4H, sometimes I have to release the clutch pedal a little bit and I can feel it go in. One time I heard the gears clunk in and I had to roll it a little bit to get it. That being said (and the fact my 4WD light comes on) tells me that I am going far enough back with the shifter and engaging the high gears.

Also, when I put it in 4H and crawl under... The plate that holds the rails is unseated from its slide, and both rails are still connected. The boot and everything else is off. I will drop the skid plate again later today to try and get a better look at it.

Again guys, thanks for all of the help/ideas. It's in the 70's here all week and I wanna get it out of the garage!

Jeff

jephwoyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

The 4WD light is driven from a switch on the rail for the front axle. The rail for the rear axle has no effect on this light.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
Fingergrindr
1986 CJ7 

You have the shift rod connection bracket installed wrong...If you need a pic let me know
Fingergrindr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #19
jephwoyo
1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingergrindr
You have the shift rod connection bracket installed wrong...If you need a pic let me know
A picture could be very helpful! Thanks!
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #20
mrgimble
1997 ZJ 

In 4 HI it will look like this. The plate nub will be out of the slide slot some.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
jephwoyo
1983 CJ5 

Yep. That's exactly what it looks like. When you change from 2H to 4H it slides the guide out to the drivers side.

Still not working... May need to pull it again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.