no brake lights after rain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > no brake lights after rain

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
thord
1986 CJ7 

no brake lights after rain

i got caught out in the rain with only the bikini on and next day i had no brake lights. tail lights still work. Where should i start diagnosing? all fuses are good.

thanks!

thord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check the grounds and bulbs in your taillights.

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...thread-985907/
Dad's Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/d...build-1474170/
OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...ngler-1008928/
JeepnBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
MrWills
1986 CJ7 

Yep check the grounds, the taill lights are grounded by the bolts that hold them to the body.
Unread 05-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
thord
1986 CJ7 

thanks, i have been wanting to do JeepHammers dedicated grounds project so i guess its time!
thord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
way_of_life
1978 CJ7 

at least it was the brake lights and not the brakes

could be as simple as something in the brake light switch (could be checked with continuity tester)

if it was me I would re-check the fuses and follow the wires (use a continuity tester to make sure all wires/grounds are ok if you have one) and check the bulbs/bulb sockets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.