Newbie with those fuel gauge blues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Newbie with those fuel gauge blues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 11-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #1
dongogolf
1984 CJ7 

Newbie with those fuel gauge blues

I have a 1984 CJ-7 with a fuel gauge that is not working! Bad ground, bad gauge or bad sending unit. Any ideas on how to find out? TIA

dongogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2002, 10:33 PM   #2
onesojourner

im about to tackle this issue soon also... this should help
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 08:22 AM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

A couple of additions. Use a test light to ground the gauge. touch it to the sending side of the gauge.It should blink and the gauge should slowly rise. If the gauge is good, be sure to check the sending unit wire and tank ground before replacing the unit.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2002, 10:17 AM   #4
iralplvr

this site has a great write up on gauges check it out and book mark it because u will need it.
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep/Gauges.htm
Unread 11-09-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
puddle jumper

On my YJ the solder connection inside the actual gauge was broken. From all that fourwheelin I guess. I just took the gauge cluster out and resoldered.

Just a thought.

86 CJ-7

At the body shop for resto
Waiting for Mods
PICS to come
puddle jumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.