Newbie needs help with 80 CJ5 4cyl. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Newbie needs help with 80 CJ5 4cyl.

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Artychoke46

Newbie needs help with 80 CJ5 4cyl.

Hello everyone, I desperately need help. I am a newbie who has picked up an 80 cj5 with the 4cyl. motor. The motor was not running and was taken apart.
I now have the engine together and running. My problem is keeping it running. It came with a Rochester Varajet carb. #17080781. The carb appears to be missing parts. Specifically a bracket that attaches to the throttle cable and maybe more I just don't know. This is a Ca. car. I need pictures or a schematic of the engine to see what I need. If anyone has anything that could help me I would be incredibly grateful.
Thanks in advance
Arty

Artychoke46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.