Newbie here with a question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Newbie here with a question

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-13-2002, 09:49 AM   #1
Hy-Brid

Newbie here with a question

Hi Guys, the question i have is...i ran across a great deal on a SM465 tranny with the transfer case adapter still attached to it....how hard would it be to hook my Model20 case to it and what do i need to do it?
this is going to go into a CJ5 frame thats been stretched with a Ford Courier body on top(dont flame me, i bought it that way)
it already has a Dana44 rear and Dana30 front...but im thinking of upgrading the engine,tranny,transfercase soon as it has a 258 6cyl with a 3spd tranny and Model20 T-case

thanks in advance for your replies

Keith

Unread 12-13-2002, 10:56 AM   #2
bowhunter

If it's a great deal as you say, buy it for the soon to be upgrade and dont bother with trying to fit it to the 20!!!
bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #3
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

You would have to pickup an adapter from Advance or Novak. I wouldn't bother adapting to the D20 though. I think that adapter that's on the tranny should be the one to mate it to an NP205 (stonger than the 20 and about the same low gear ratio) might try that route?

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.