New weber install and fuel pressure regulator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New weber install and fuel pressure regulator

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
g8ter55
1983 CJ7 

New weber install and fuel pressure regulator

I just put a weber on my 258 and I'm trying to figure out the best way to route the fuel lines with the regulator. Anyone have any pics of their set up??
Also I spoke with Holley about their regulator and they say to just get rid of the regulator and run one line to the carb.., I've also heard other people say that you don't need a regulator and you can just run a return line with a fuel filter and it'll act as a regulator for the weber... Any thoughts? And I should put the a fuel filter before the regulator right?

g8ter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

No regulator needed with the right filter.

Shawn
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
g8ter55
1983 CJ7 

I installed my weber, hooked up all my vacuum lines (distributor and brake booster because everything else was ripped out when I bought it) and found some preliminary tuning guidelines which I followed and I've got it idling and responsive but it idles like there's a miss just a little rough. I haven't changed wires, plugs or rotor yet but I read somewhere that you should just advance the ignition and then tune from there? Any other thoughts? -oh and I am running just a fuel filter with a single inlet, outlet and return if that makes a difference.... I have a Holley regulator and gauge that I will probably Install to see If that helps.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

I installed a weber on my jeep years ago, runs much better.

I run the fuel filter (one in - 2 out), outside out goes to return fuel tank and must be installed at 12:00 high

if the out - outside outlet is located in any position other than 12:00 high, it can allow the system to syphon all the gas out of the carb after sitting for a long period of time, say overnight.

then be hard to start the next morning until the pump refills the carb with fuel
works fine for my set up

I had to advance the timing to get it to run good,
have not touched it in years.

I only run non ethanol gas in the old jeep, do not know if that makes a difference.

do a full tune up and be sure everything is in top condition.
wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
g8ter55
1983 CJ7 

Funny you mention that, I found that out this week. I put that filter at 6:00 and it was hard starting. I started with two turns out on the weber Mixture and idle screw and it runs good except for that little miss or rough idle. It kind of bugs me but I'll definitely do a tune up and advance the timing a little.

Another thing I noticed is that the brake booster sounds like it is leaking under the dash. It seems to work fine because If I unhook the vacuum to it the brakes are really hard. I don't remember my other cj's sounding like there's a vacuum leak under the dash. So, with that being said, if the booster is bad can this leak effect how the jeep runs?
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
g8ter55
1983 CJ7 

Update: I installed the fuel regulator and set to 3.5 psi. Actually runs a lot better although the booster is still leaking. The other thing I can't figure out is when you hit the gas it is responsive but the idle hangs for a second and comes down slow. Anyone know why this would happen? Still haven't done the time up yet or advanced the timing...
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
GlennLever
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

Been working on this thread, it might be helpful

Tune up on a 285 / Weber Carburetor / Distributor / Timing / Advance / Discussion

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/tu...ssion-1527457/

My restoration thread here on the Jeep forum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...build-1269301/

New FED, Drag Racing Forum (I am an Administrator) at
http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.