New Trans and transfer case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New Trans and transfer case

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
JJHearn

New Trans and transfer case

Well guys, I picked up my new, um, old transmission and t-case. I got a Muncie 465 and what I believe is a NP231 t-case. The casting number on it is 99404-2.

Now, I plan to research on getting it put in my CJ5. It, was previously bolted up to a 400 in a old mud truck.

I do have the clutch and everything for it, well, I think. I also got the drive shafts. All for $250. I figure at worst I can just make my money back if I don't use it.

Anyways, any help (links, threads, articles, etc) would be greatly appreciated. I plan on doing as much of this as I possibly can.

thanks
JJ

JJHearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
texasimport
1978 CJ5 

JJ. . . .let us know a few details, what motor do you wish to marry this too? That will go a long ways towards helping us help you.
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
79jeepincj7
1979 CJ7 

Some trany info
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm465.htm

AMC adapter to that trany
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/465_to_amc.htm

The VIN says its a 79 CJ
79jeepincj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
JJHearn

I bought it with a 350 engine/trans setup. After looking into trying to use the t350, I found it was going to be a lot more than what I wanted.
JJHearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.