new toy need some info, (HELP) please :) - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > new toy need some info, (HELP) please :)

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJ

Unread 01-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #76
joshuawcolvey

Quote:
You must drill out the plug welds that secure the tubes to the center section of the axal housing and then reclock your tubes back to the origanal steering angle
i am kinda confused on this part?
and torque rods?
But thank you very much for the helop it is really appriciated and i bet ill ahve more questions...

joshuawcolvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #77
joshuawcolvey

Does anyone have a picture of an axle that has been converted to a high steer , like is noted above using the hyme joints
Unread 01-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #78
joshuawcolvey

one mroe question. and i ask this bc i ahve never used them, but an wide track axle is about 4 inches over all wider, i can get bolt on hub adapters that use new studs and so on. they are approx 2" per side, could i not use these instead of the trouble of trying to find wide track axles?
Unread 01-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #79
ken78cj5
1978 CJ5 

I have something similiar on my CJ5. I used a rear bumber from Blue Torch Fab that has shackle hangers integrated in the bumper. You use XJ springs mounted backwards to get the 5" stretch. Unfortunately, you must use the stock front hangers in the stock location. The flex is crazy!

As for the front, contact Mountain Off Road for a shackle reversal kit. This will allow you to run YJ springs in the front. The amount of lift you want depends on if you want to keep the big *** tires. I currently run 33s, (had them when the jeep was stock) but have room to run 37s.

Parts Mike has the kit to change the tie rods to the top of the spindles. Mine was about $300. You get ridiculously stronfg tubes with larger Tie Rod Ends. This kit also includes a ream to taper the holes from the top of the knuckle. Use a 5/8" drill to slighly enlarge the holes, then use the taper.

Good Luck. PM me if you have any further questions.

Ken
ken78cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #80
joshuawcolvey

well i can use the design that is on mine the hangers on rear have been moved back and the fron hangers ahve been moved back so i can use cj or yj springs, on the fron i can still use cj or yj springs if i like. What is the purpose of relocating the hangers to the back of the leafs, more flex?.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.