New-thoughts on this jeep purchase? Going postal! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New-thoughts on this jeep purchase? Going postal!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
RUMBLON
1976 DJ 

New-thoughts on this jeep purchase? Going postal!

I am new to the forum and not a Jeep guy originally. I bought a 97 Cherokee for a commuter and love it, so I started looking for a CJ7 or soemthing to play with. I am lucky to have a huge shop as I build mopar muscle cars, cudas, darts,e ct. So while looking I found this cheap. I am considering buying it just to say I have it.

Its a 76 2 wheel drive postal jeep with 68K original miles. according to the owner it runs perfect, except it needs a brake cylinder. Its cheap as he needs it gone. I know its a 2x4 but what the heck, right hand drive 6 cylinder and auto.

for the asking price I think I am going to grab it. Is the brake cylinder the same as a regular jeep, any issues with these or does anyone have any info on them.

He also has a 78 CJ7 with all rebuilt systems for 4K. I will look at that one too.

RUMBLON

Any suggestions and what should I look for in a 78 CJ7 if I check that one out.

RUMBLON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
countonmel

I have gone postal also just picked up a 1975 postal jeep. 1975 avoids smoggy here in Cali.
countonmel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Vee
1976 DJ 

I have one that's the same year, it looks very different now.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
RUMBLON
1976 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I have one that's the same year, it looks very different now.

well, how about some pics?
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Vee
1976 DJ 

I can't post any until I'm at 25 posts...
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
Vee
1976 DJ 

Well would you look at that!

25 posts!

Here's a quick teaser because I plan to start a build thread tomorrow(sorry for the huge pic, guess I'll have to resize all these before posting):

Unread 08-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

You'd be able to WOW all your Mopar buds if you pick the bad boy up!!

Welcome to the Jeep Forum....tons of great Jeep stuff here. Do you have any pics of the CJ7?

Let us know what you end up doing.

Good Luck............
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
RUMBLON
1976 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapshooter View Post
You'd be able to WOW all your Mopar buds if you pick the bad boy up!!

Welcome to the Jeep Forum....tons of great Jeep stuff here. Do you have any pics of the CJ7?

Let us know what you end up doing.

Good Luck............
Oh, I bought it, its sitting in my drive way. I brought it home, went to work, broke my ankle at work and now I am laid up for 6-8 weeks. On crutches and down hearted. I unloaded it but had to have my buddy park and unhook my truck/ trailer because its a 6 speed diesel Dodge/ could not use the clutch.

HERE IS A PIC OF IT AT HOME. wISH i COULD ACTUALLY GET OUT AND WORK ON IT.

Last edited by RUMBLON; 08-17-2010 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: CANT SPELL OBVIOUSLY
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

Congrats on the DJ buy, sorry to hear about the ankle.....OUCH!!!

No Jeep or Mopar fun for you, at least for a while.

Here's to a quick recovery!!
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
RUMBLON
1976 DJ 

Quote:
Well would you look at that!

25 posts!

Here's a quick teaser because I plan to start a build thread tomorrow(sorry for the huge pic, guess I'll have to resize all these before posting):

looks good, so your posting a build thread on it, as it was and as it is now??? I would interested in seeing it. I am laid up with abroken ankle as of two nights ago, so I have pleanty of time to research a build thats not too crazy. I have two cudas a dart, a 70 roadrunner and two dodge trucks to do

Dave
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
Vee
1976 DJ 

Yeah as I got it and how it is now. Sorry man not trying to steal your thunder or anything, just look for it in the build forum in the next day or 2. Here's to a quick recovery!
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
RUMBLON
1976 DJ 

Quote:
Yeah as I got it and how it is now. Sorry man not trying to steal your thunder or anything, just look for it in the build forum in the next day or 2. Here's to a quick recovery!
Not stealing my thunder I am not built that way. I am just glad for the input!! I will watch for it, as I am tryiong to decide what to do with it.

The trans slips a bit but i think it needs fluid and a new pan gasket. It also needs brakes. Did you do your brakes and if so, where did you get the wheel cylinders? and other parts? There is no DJ listed in the parts places like rockauto.com????
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What's the stock specs on that 70 Roadrunner?
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

I have to believe that parts for a '76 CJ would work with your DJ. Give 4wd.com or Quardrtec.com a call as the sales staff at both organizations are very helpful.

Unread 08-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
RUMBLON
1976 DJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
What's the stock specs on that 70 Roadrunner?

Well, I said RR. This one is actually my daughter's 70 Belvedere POST car. same body style.

I have a few mopars around here.

70 BELVIE 318 AUTO COLUM BENCH SEAT B7 BLUE

70 CUDA VERT 440-6 VIPER RED

67 340-6 DART POST CAR

AND MORE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.