New starting and idling issue - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New starting and idling issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 10-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailracr View Post
Thanks to all for the help. The issue turned out to be electrical. The previous owner performed the nutter bypass and didn't solder a single connection. In spite of that I managed to get the jeep home from Miami so now it's time for EFI, new wiring through out, possible rebuild, and new ignition system. Time to really get to know this jeep, I'll post progress as I go.

Thanks again for all the help!
Sounds like it is working and not broke, do you want to spend all that time and money on a working CJ?

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
sailracr
1985 CJ7 

It's working with a jumper wire from the battery to the coil. The carburetion is poor, but it runs. Idle is sketchy. I want a reliable daily driver kind of CJ and this one has a long way to go yet to be that.
sailracr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.