New soft top for a '84 CJ7 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New soft top for a '84 CJ7

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #31
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJateME View Post
my supertop came in today for my cj8 i cant post pics yet but ill upload them to my profile once i get it installed this weekend 700$ tinted windows and full hardware including the windshield retainer rails... im super stoked to put it on cant wait to see the finished product

nice jeep btw looks just like my last one !!!
Sweet!! Post up some pics when you get it installed!

diddy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #32
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy2003 View Post
The key moves a tab in the latch itself, so the doors will not open without the key, from the inside or outside. Even if someone unzipped the top and got inside, they could not get the latches to open without cutting the nader pin/latch or just cutting the door itself.

Ah, that makes sense then. Hell a set of superdoors costs more than anything anyone could steal out of my Jeep anyhow. Locking a soft top equipped Jeep to keep people out is futile and will cost you whatever's inside AND the ruined top when they realize the doors are locked and go through the top instead. Locking the doors onto the Jeep to keep the doors from being swiped makes sense though.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #33
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post
Ah, that makes sense then. Hell a set of superdoors costs more than anything anyone could steal out of my Jeep anyhow. Locking a soft top equipped Jeep to keep people out is futile and will cost you whatever's inside AND the ruined top when they realize the doors are locked and go through the top instead. Locking the doors onto the Jeep to keep the doors from being swiped makes sense though.
I completely agree with you. I did not buy the top to prevent people from taking anything, I bought it more for "out of sight/out of mind." That is also the reason I got a top with tinted windows. It is so easy to get inside that trying to prevent it from occurring would be impossible. I do not want anyone just easily taking my doors though, so I do like the locking feature.
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #34
jkwheels
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwhy View Post
Go with the supertop for sure,they look and fit great.
Great looking jeep. Do you have pictures with the top folded down? Can you take it off completely like the older tops? Is their extra door frame hardware that stays on when you remove the top?

Thanks
jkwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwheels View Post
Great looking jeep. Do you have pictures with the top folded down? Can you take it off completely like the older tops? Is their extra door frame hardware that stays on when you remove the top?

Thanks

There is no extra door frame hardware that stays on the jeep. It all comes completely off. I do not have any pictures of the jeep with the top down yet. I will post some when I fold it down for you.
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #36
JeepLawyer
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy2003
I think I am leaning towards the super top with the soft doors at this point. Does anyone have any pictures of the super top on their jeep with the doors on or one without the windows? I am trying to get an idea of what it will look like. I like the idea of having it completely open by just removing the windows. Thanks.
Look on my post yesterday and see some pictures of my cj7 w my super top doors on in a few I believe
JeepLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

Here it is with the doors and windows removed. Very nice feature IMO.

Tags
cj7 , soft top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.