New Project Help???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > New Project Help????

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 11-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #1
FavaGuitars
1997 XJ Cherokee 

New Project Help????

So I recently aquired an abandoned highschool shop project from a neighbor and I'm looking for some insight as to what i'm in for.

1976 CJ7 body on a 1995 YJ frame no motor no trans, YJ axles and dana 300 and a hodge podge of parts and steering boxes and radiators and crap. Originally had a 360 and a th400

The un crap stuff:
Brand new still in the box from summit. 4" super lift complete with shocks drop pitman and all the doodads. Brand new front winch bumper, Warn winch, winch plate, and a few other brand new things.

and a Dana 70.

So my question is if I do decide to go ahead and build this up what are the major problems that I will run into.

Also has anyone ever done this before?

Thanks for any help you can give.

FavaGuitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
mondujen
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Also has anyone ever done this before?
Need to be a little more specific.

People on here have taken some serious crap and turned them into nice rigs, so I am pretty sure your specific questions will be answered.

Congrats on the purchase

Last edited by mondujen; 11-21-2008 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
mondujen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
FavaGuitars
1997 XJ Cherokee 

It was actually given to me by the kids dad, my neighbor.

Mainly my questions are around fitment. If i am going to do i will probably put all engine and drive line back to 1995 stock. ie. 4.0 ax15 231 and use the axles that i have in order to get it driving. What I'm wondering is if I do that will I run into any fitment issues with factor placement on the yj frame? I'm trying to fab as little as possible. I can if I have to but I would rather have a mostly bolt on to stock for now. It is going to be an alternate mode of trans when its done until I get xj stroked.
FavaGuitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
Renegade79
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavaGuitars View Post
1976 CJ7 body on a 1995 YJ frame
that actually isn't that bad of an idea. the classic CJ look with a newer frame, springs, and driveline set up. might be an abomination to some, but mechanically not a bad way to go. congrats on the rig, post some pics for us!
Renegade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Given that you're basically going to wind up with a YJ with a CJ body on it, the YJ forum guys would probably be a bigger help to you. There are fitment issues (all surmountable) with using the CJ front clip on the YJ frame.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.